09 August 2012

I was singing in the rain

"If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season. . ."
(Leviticus 26:3-4)

Our prayers were answered this week with a fabulous rainstorm on Tuesday night. I've tried to find out how much rain fell but can't find a source for that information without paying, which I'm too cheap to do. So. Anyway, it was lots!

The temperature Wednesday and today, Thursday, has been so much cooler too, such a relief after the horrible heat wave of the last few weeks. We've had the windows open with a lovely breeze blowing through the house. I love the way old house have windows on all four walls so that a breeze can blow straight through. I've lived in modern houses with absolutely NO WINDOWS on the side of the house that gets the prevailing wind and find that those are the hottest, most stuffy houses. I like fresh outside air whenever I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment