03 November 2015

Autumn Leaves

Count Your Blessings - Day Three




I spent an hour this morning raking leaves from our almost century old maple trees. Did you know, as I didn't before moving here, that maple leaves have a sweet fragrance about them when they first fall? I love that smell! I also love the colors of the leaves; red, orange, yellow; some with streaks or spots of green still showing. They are just lovely.

From the Lord to us through the Prophet Joseph Smith:
Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.                                               (Doctrine and Covenants 59:18-19)  

I'm grateful for the heart gladdening and soul enlivening sights and smells of autumn leaves.
       


No comments:

Post a Comment