07 November 2015

Good Friends

Count Your Blessings - Day Seven


Some of my favorite people live in a fictional town called Mitford. I am so thankful for Jan Karon's writings. She is one of my most beloved authors. I wish I could meet her and give her a big hug.

In the midst of everything else I'm doing this month, I'm escaping to Mitford for the latest story about Dooley and Lace's wedding. Her writing is so good I feel like I'm there with them.

If you haven't met Father Tim and Cynthia, Dooley and Lace, and all the other true to life characters in her books you are missing out. Maybe I love them so much because I served a mission in the south and they are just like people I met; or maybe it's because I can trust her writing to be clean, realistic and full of uplifting faith. Most likely it's all of that and the fact that most of my adult life I have lived away from family and friends so I turn to my fictional friends for company and comfort.

Here's to good friends, both fictional and real!

No comments:

Post a Comment