01 November 2015

The Light of a New Day

A perfect beginning to a new month--light in the morning. I wish we could stay on standard time all year long because I'm grateful for the sunshine in the morning to help me wake up.

From Paul's epistle to the saints at Thessalonica:
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.                 (1Thessalonians 5:5)

From the Gospel according to Saint John:
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.         (John 8:12)

This is the beginning of Count Your Blessings during the month of November. I hope you'll join me in looking for and counting our many blessings during this month of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment