02 November 2015

He Does the Handyman Thing

Count Your Blessings - Day two

Friday the washer went out. Wouldn't you know it, just as I wanted to do a load of bath towels. The hot water worked, but not the cold. I checked all the connections but couldn't determine the problem. I let my husband know and he gave me permission to look at new (to me) washers. I looked but couldn't find what I want, because frankly I don't know what I want among all the new-fangled models.

When TopDad got home he looked things over and found the problem, looked up the part number and where to get it, ordered it, paid for it and told me I could pick it up on Monday, he'd fix it Monday night.



I'm really grateful for a husband who has been willing to learn to be a handyman. He didn't start out that way, but slowly over the years, with lots of encouragement, he's done wonders at saving money for our family by fixing things, building things and maintaining things.

From the Proverbs of Solomon:
In all labour there is profit: (Proverbs 14:24)


1 comment:

  1. I love this about my husband, too. And when the kids help... it's just heaven to me. So much good going on. Glad your washer got fixed up; those are hard to be without.

    ReplyDelete